At one of our recent social media workshops we ran a short exercise to encourage delegates to create a social media strategy for their organisation on one side of A4. It’s a great way to concentrate your mind on why you are using social media so give it a try.
What are you after?
- Client leads?
- National profile?
- Access to funding?
- Thought leadership?
- Community engagement?
Can you condense your social media mission down to one sentence?
- ‘bring my customers closer to my organisation’.
- ‘Position my organisation as a leader in my field’
- ‘Open up new and untried markets for my social enterprise’
How are you going to measure if it’s working?
- Number of likes, followers etc?
- Amount of traffic to your website?
- Amount of national/regional media coverage?
- Successful funding bids?
Who is part of your social media team?
- All staff?
- Dedicated staff?
How will your customers benefit?
- Better access to your organisation?
- Employment opportunities?
- Access to products/opportunities provided by your social enterprise